Complete Advice Throughout The Social Security Disability Process
At KBAR Legal Services, LLP, we handle Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) claims starting from any stage in the process.
We will work with you from the initial filing all the way through to administrative appeals and advanced appeals in federal courts. With an office in Carmel serving the Indianapolis metro area, our attorneys also represent clients throughout central, western and Southern Indiana.
Whether this is the first time you have applied for disability benefits or you have already been turned down by Social Security, we offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
Understanding The Social Security Claims Process
When seeking Social Security Disability benefits, you may need to follow these steps.
- Initial SSD application: There is no reason not to contact a lawyer right away. We can give you an honest assessment of your case to help you avoid mistakes that can damage your claim.
- SSD hearings: If both your initial application for disability benefits and a request for reconsideration are denied, your next step is a hearing before an administrative law judge. It is important to have an attorney represent you at this hearing.
- SSD Appeals Council: If the administrative law judge denies your claim at your hearing, you can appeal the decision to the Social Security Appeals Council.
- SSD federal court appeals: If the Social Security Appeals Council denies your request for benefits, we can appeal the decision in federal court.
- Supplemental Security Income: If you have not worked long enough to qualify for Social Security Disability income, you may be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.
Our lawyers’ involvement can begin at any stage of this process. To help you the most, we should ideally come on board as soon as you know you may qualify.
We Offer Guidance Without Obligation Or Upfront Fees
We provide our services on a contingency basis. This means that if you entrust your case to KBAR Legal Services, LLP, you won’t owe fees if we don’t obtain compensation for you.